PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Dreamweaver page to Flash

dream conduit
02-24-2007, 07:22 AM
hello, i just know my way around these apps. very basically, and have built my sites mainly as exclusively flash sites. but i just recently built a site in Dreamweaver 8, (but i own MX also if that is needed to accomplish this) using a simple default xhtml template with some basic tables and a few rollovers in cells. i need to turn this Dreamweaver-built site into a Flash site/ movie. since the site's owner wants some very unique fonts (and won't budge on this issue), the text in some tables on the pages get all skewed or chopped off in different browsers on different platforms. is there a way to somehow actually export webpages built in dreamweaver to flash files or movies??? or do i need to export each element separately, and rebuild the entire page(s) in flash, thus, basically starting from scratch and just building each page into a new scene in a flash movie. i'd even be happy to be able to select the entire page (graphics, text, colored rows & borders) and paste into flash and rebuild/ relink the pages as scenes and create new rollover symbols on top of the now inactive buttons. anyone have any ideas to simply turn a dreamweaver built site into a flash movie/ site??? please help! this is a freebie/ favor site and i can't invest a bunch more time to rebuild it. but it can't stay the way it is... thanks in advance for any input/ help/ ideas.

ramandeep
02-24-2007, 07:30 AM
Hi,
I don't think so it can be exported as they both have different theories and believe you will have to redo all in flash.

davidj
02-24-2007, 07:49 PM
if you already have a static site i cant understand why you want this converted into flash

for the time it will take to redevelop and the benefit gained in the conversion it will work out as a major waste of time

domedia
02-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Complete different technologies. You'd have to redo everything -or- actually fire the client, if they won't accept the reality of font faces and the web, they either don't trust you at all or they're the kind of client that you're always going to lose money on.

gmcrone
02-25-2007, 01:02 PM
If you can get away with using the unique fonts as headings only, and not body text....
Take a look at SiFR

Mike...

dream conduit
02-25-2007, 05:46 PM
yes indeed, i so wish i could fire the client. but they are family. and it could lead to unreasonable hostilities. they are very immature, fickle people. but i think that the sIFR wil work. i don't don't why that one eludid me. thanks for reminding me. CHEERS !!!