PDA

View Full Version : Background File Activity causing hanging

lukeryan
02-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm currently having a problem with Dreamweaver's Background File Activity.

Whenever I open Dreamweaver the Background File Activity tries to connect to my site and I keep getting an error message saying something along the lines of an FTP error occurred- cannot open the remote folder.

I click OK and then it just hangs and I have to close it using the Task Manager.

When I open Dreamweaver again, but this time clicking cancel on the Background File Activity, before the error message appears, it still hangs and I have to close it via the Task Manager.

I've tried re-installing it but it still keeps on trying to connect to the site that I created.

So basically I just want to get into Dreamweaver without the Background File Activity kicking in and trying to connect to my site, so I can then change the settings. Any ideas on how I can do this? Is there a file which controls this which I can delete?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide! Luke

davidj
02-16-2007, 03:10 PM
is there a problem with your remote site. Did you set up an FTP site which points to your host maybe

thing to do is uninstall DW then get rid of any remnants of DW like leftover install directories. Make sure you have a clean install

make sure you can access your remote dir using cute or smart FTP before you config DW to point to your remote