PDA

View Full Version : aspx to html

indianleo
02-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Hello friends I got 1 website which is made in aspx file, but i can work in html which I prefer to do can u please tell me how to convert aspx into html,

I tried to make an aspx file but how to look preview of it, how it will look on website

lux
02-15-2007, 09:20 AM
hahahahahahahha

your mental!

davidj
02-15-2007, 09:51 AM
this is a wind up.... it has to be

Post of the Month Award

ramandeep
02-15-2007, 10:31 AM
Its same saying:
I have got an AEROPLANE but i prefer to drive motorcycle,
And you want your motorcycle to work like your AEROPLANE.

you need to work on basic concepts first that is getting idea on how things work like difference between HTML and ASP.NET

indianleo
02-15-2007, 02:33 PM
which format is better aspx or html
Please can someone tell me about aspx

davidj
02-15-2007, 03:06 PM
they are completly different like salt and pepper

HTML is markup language which draws your website and adds structure. This is a core skill in web design/development

then you have serverside languages which allow data and content to be dynamic which allows the user to interact with the site. It allows you to connect to a database for example. Serverside languages can work together with HTML but are seperate entities

PHP, ASP, Coldfusion and .NET are all serverside languages

if you write a page in PHP you would normaly assign the page extension as .php so welcome.htm becomes welcome.php. This tells the server that before it sends the page request back to the browser first process the php thats in it. This is true for all the other languages so in asp welcome.htm becomes welcome.asp and of course this leads us onto your question.. which is .NET. so asp.net has an extension of aspx

so to update a serverside language you need to have the language installed on the web server so in your case you need to find a host that supports asp.net before you can work on that aspx file.

Please Please tell me you understand....

lux
02-15-2007, 05:33 PM
visit this website:

http://www.w3schools.com/

start with the index page

read the WHOLE website

then ask questions

kind regards

davidj
02-15-2007, 06:22 PM
oh yes please

leo please do as lux advised