PDA

View Full Version : My NEW website - INTRICATE DESIGNS...

JonnyQ_81
02-13-2007, 01:39 PM
www.intricatedesigns.co.uk (http://www.intricatedesigns.co.uk/)

I have just completed 80% of my new website design. I have loads more portfolio samples to include, but I had to get it over 70% completed for a job opportunity. -So I thought I would post it on forums for extra advertisement.

Please fell free to leave your opinions and also if you are in need of good design for LOW prices please contact me.

I am still looking for F/T employment after being made redundant in December, so any FREELANCE work would be suitable for me at present.

Thanks

JonnyQ http://www.talk-torque.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

domedia
02-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Looks very nice indeed.

The only thing to put my finger on is image optimization and server speed. I'm on a broadband connection, and it takes almost 20 seconds for every page to load.

davidj
02-13-2007, 03:37 PM
once again we find somebody with talent

you just cant teach that shit

lovely site

JonnyQ_81
02-13-2007, 05:18 PM
Looks very nice indeed.

The only thing to put my finger on is image optimization and server speed. I'm on a broadband connection, and it takes almost 20 seconds for every page to load.

Thanks. REALLY 20 seconds:( I looked into the quality / verses preview time. The only thing I can think of it to tone doen the qulaity of jpeg images slightly?

It doesnt take that long on my pc though? :(

Any1 else had any problems?

JonnyQ_81
02-13-2007, 05:20 PM
once again we find somebody with talent

you just cant teach that shit

lovely site

thanks m8:)

fwr1000
02-13-2007, 05:36 PM
About 10 seconds load time on cabel broadband at 3 Mbps download speed.

JonnyQ_81
02-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Thanks for that:)

how have you found it?

Annoying? Or OK? - ie download time

fwr1000
02-13-2007, 05:51 PM
No problem, from the start of the download one can tell this is going to be an "artistic" site and whenever I see that I'm more than willing to take a few extra seconds to let the site load. If I see some garish (loud colors, flashing banners, etc.) things at the begining I generally move on before a page is complete. However, can't say that I'm typical but that's my criteria for sticking around.

JonnyQ_81
02-13-2007, 05:57 PM
No problem, from the start of the download one can tell this is going to be an "artistic" site and whenever I see that I'm more than willing to take a few extra seconds to let the site load. If I see some garish (loud colors, flashing banners, etc.) things at the begining I generally move on before a page is complete. However, can't say that I'm typical but that's my criteria for sticking around.

Great stuff thanks for your input and I also agree with your comment, about loloud flashing banners etc.. generally people think its pop ups!!!!

domedia
02-13-2007, 06:02 PM
Being able to optimize images is a little science in itself, but once you master it, you can cut alot of size on your webpages.

Put it into perspective, if fwr1000 used 10 seconds to download the page on a 3mbps download speed, how long would it take for someone with a regular highspeed 300kps connection? And take it once step further, what about regular 56k modem users?

http://www.intricatedesigns.co.uk/images/INDEX-WELCOME.jpg <- redo this image and save as a 32, or even 16 color gif. It should remove *at least* 75% of the filesize.

Actually, from what I can see, all your images should be gif's. Always remember to tweak amount of colors used when you save as gif. The lower amount of color used, the smaller the filesize. As a general rule you only need to save as jpg if the image is a photo, or something with alot of colors and gradients going on.

If you need any some more detailed help on optimizing, feel free to email/pm me if you want :)

davidj
02-13-2007, 07:27 PM
yes ideally your images should be around the 20 - 30kb

try really hard to get them down to an optimized size

d a v e
02-13-2007, 07:46 PM
yep this 2007index-sqaure.jpg could easily be a third of the filesize or less
and INDEX-WELCOME.jpg could be a quarter of the filesize as a gif

chriskq
02-14-2007, 11:25 AM
very nice site too.

have u viewed ur site on monitor with high resolution? the cool background u got on the body repeats and sorta looks abit funny cut off.

Ricky55
02-17-2007, 01:49 AM
one other point as dom points out that welcome image could be smaller but alot of that doesn't even need to be an image at all other than the signature the rest could be text with very minimal file size.

Nice looking site though.