PDA

View Full Version : Forms Data

orso
02-11-2007, 05:54 PM
I can make for but I know there is a second part of forms that I was wonding if you could help me with. What else do I need to make it process the data and send it somewhere. I think there is some software or script I need but I dont know what it is called.

davidj
02-11-2007, 05:58 PM
you need to learn a scripting language like PHP

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/vtm

orso
02-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Is everything a different language. Can they just make one called english. I just figured out html, now im going after css. Im going to scream.

davidj
02-11-2007, 06:11 PM
if you are wanting to take this up proffessionaly then you have to have an understanding of the following. You dont have to know them all but know of them and could adapt to supporting them if needed

PHP, SQL, XML, Apache, IIS, ASP, XHTML, DHTML, AJAX, Ruby, Python, C#, PERL, SQLSERVER and .NET .... on and on and on ....etc

davidj
02-11-2007, 06:24 PM
dont be scared

think of it like this...

you have now knocked on the door of progress by looking beyond what you have learned already. just by thinking about how to process form data you have climbed the ladder and are teetering on the edge of the diving board of programming. Its upto you if you jump off.

orso
02-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Yeah but the problem is that I have someone on the other end poking me with a sharp stick to jump and do it quickly.

davidj
02-11-2007, 06:38 PM
i can remember opening my first web page in the early nineties and asking somone on ICQ "how did you create this web page"... She talked me through how to View Source and said that i would have to learn that....

I dropped a brick!