PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver doesn't save FTP settings

Ricky55
02-09-2007, 02:45 AM
As anyone ever come accross this and maybe have a solution?

Everytime I restart my PC I have to enter in my FTP user name and password even though the save check box is ticked.

Dreamweaver saves the settings whilst in use but once I reset it wipes them again.

This is really annoying when you're working on a few different sites.

Ricky55

This has only occured since updating to Vista not sure if thats as anything to do with it.

davidj
02-09-2007, 05:55 AM
you may have found the first bug in vista

no doubt there will be a patch in due course.

try uninstalling DW and then reinstalling it before you take any further drastic action like removing the OS

domedia
02-09-2007, 12:39 PM
It's related to IE7, I think the question was up a month or two ago.

Adobe has the fix here:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=3491671c

Uninstalling should only be used as a last resort imho.

Ricky55
02-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Thanks Domedia I'll check that out, this is doing my head in as I always forget to do it and I only remember when I try to put something to the server.

Not the first Vista bug then, although I have found one in flash when double clicking to edit movie clips but this can be solved by running in XP compatability mode.

bella32
01-19-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm having the same problem and using Windows XP, so it's obviously not just a VISTA issue. The fix quoted above is for DW 8.0 and does not work for DW CS4, which is what I have. I cannot find anywhere to get real live support from Adobe, which is SO annoying having paid $500CA for the program. Grrr.
Will try to reinstall - anyone have other ideas?
Mary