PDA

View Full Version : Html Email $help

orso
02-09-2007, 12:11 AM
I know yall probably get price questions all the time and I normally dont need help but I have no clue where to start.

What is a good price to charge for a html email. They will want a one price per job price, not hourly.

Thanks.

davidj
02-09-2007, 06:17 AM
you are designing a HTML email for a news letter or mail shot yes

you could charge them a lower rate with the aim of getting bigger work off them in the future

some developers would charge hundreds some would charge a small nominal fee.

orso
02-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Thanks These will be a promo piece show casing a new artists show at an art gallery.

domedia
02-09-2007, 12:50 PM
orso, the price is an agreement between you and your customer, we can't really tell. And if we did we would be borderline pricefixing.

Find out how much you think you're worth per hour, estimate how many hours it's going to take you to do the job, and add anywhere from 20-50% to compensate for client/scope creep. That's sounds like a good formula to me :)

orso
02-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Yeah I understand. Since I am brand new to this I just wanted to get an idea (range) of common prices. I got it though. thanks

domedia
02-09-2007, 02:13 PM
ah I see. Prices are *all* over the board. From people charing $250/h and up, to people that might do it for free to add to their portfolio. I think if you plug your regular rates into the formula above, it should help you some :)

orso
02-09-2007, 02:15 PM
cool thank. I keep running into people want to do a lump sum per design, not hourly. I guess somewhere around $500 per ad but I wanted to make sure.