PDA

View Full Version : Vista

kate
02-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Who has got it/ getting it..?

:mrgreen:

edbr
02-08-2007, 12:01 AM
looked at it yesterday. seems very resource hungry so I will wait till someone else finds the problems and service pack 1 or 2 comes out. wouild be interested to hear from a user though

fwr1000
02-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Just purchased a Acer 5100 Laptop (dual core 64, 1gb ram) with Vista Home Premium installeld. It's pretty but the functionality is not so different that an XP user will get lost. Response time is super, not slow at all.

I did install the 90 free trial of Norton Internet Security and experieced some problems with networking my other two pc's. Seems like the Norton firewall wouldn't let me connect but when I turned it off and used the built in Microsoft firewall, everything worked fine. Not sure I would install Norton again as Vista has built in many of the same features as Norton.

davidj
02-09-2007, 06:35 AM
im using an early Acer laptop and i hate it

the cooling fans are directly where my legs are so have to adopt a 1 man kama sutra position in order to stop it shutting down through overheating

i have found that if i lay down on the sofa and leen the machine against rasied legs i can sort of clear the cooling fans however there are two buttons on the front of the machine (blue tooth and WiFi) and in this position my belly which is full of lager keeps pressing these with every breath so without warning i loose my internet connection or my bloody phone keeps bleeping advising me that a device is in range

Acer..... never again

fwr1000
02-09-2007, 11:14 AM
By the way, am not running DW 8 on it as I've read on other forums that many have had problems.

domedia
02-09-2007, 12:48 PM
fwr how about other software, everythings running fast?

fwr1000
02-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Yes, but have not really pushed it yet. It's actually my wife's machine (if I stop playing with it and let her use it).

johnph77
02-10-2007, 08:00 AM
By the way, am not running DW 8 on it as I've read on other forums that many have had problems.

And there's the rub. Evidently Vista will not work with most older software. I've read of people having problems running FrontPage 2000, and that's a Micorsoft product, for goodness' sakes.

I'd like to know the earliest version of Dreamweaver that will run on Vista.

kate
02-10-2007, 04:16 PM
Consenus seems to be:

Let others adopt it first..D and find the bugs!