PDA

View Full Version : Flash animation problem

Scribe
02-05-2007, 12:52 PM
I have a Flash animation file that has worked fine up until recently. In the past I have simply inserted the Flash file into my Dreamweaver page, saved it, uploaded page file and Flash file and it worked fine. I made a change to the Flash file recently but when I loaded the existing page in Dreamweaver 8.0.2 so that I could insert the amended Flash file it told me that certain tags might not run properly in IE6 and that Dreamweaver could adjust the script to overcome any potential problems. I clicked okay to do this and then inserted the modified Flash file but now when I upload as before the page is blank when I load it in IE6 and Firefox. Any ideas please ?

domedia
02-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Did you check the path of the swf in your HTML? Is it referring to the right location?

Please read http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23515 and welcome to the forums btw :)

Scribe
02-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Domedia,

Thanks for your welcome.

Yes pathname all looks okay. It is in fact exactly the same path as before when it did work okay.

I still have my original web page and swf. backed up and if I upload those it works fine still. It's just with this new updated swf. when I insert it into the page.