PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty making table cell e-mail link

KenNielsen
01-31-2007, 09:39 PM
I want to insert a background artwork image into a cell and then put an actual text 'Contact Us' link centered over the background artwork.

The problem I am having is that after selecting the cell with the inserted background image and then choosing 'E-mail link' the link falls outside of the cell and cannot be formatted at all the way I want, to place it over the background art instead. Can this be done?

I can make the cell itself linked to the e-mail address, but then I have to make the 'Contact Us' lettering a part of the artwork.

Is there any way to do this the first way I explained above? With the 'Contact Us' lettering imposed over the background art?

TIA,

Ken

davidj
02-01-2007, 02:46 PM
you can do this by adding your link in the <td> of the table

although you will have to use Javascript...

<td onClick="document.location.href='nextpage.htm'">

you can simulate a button finger or pointer for your cursor onMouseOver using CSS but thats another post.

KenNielsen
02-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Wow, davidj, you are advanced at this. I'm not sure what you said but I'm printing this post out and saving it in my Dreamweaver binder for future reference. I'll do some lookup in my Using Dreamweaver manual, but that book is not as good as a tutorial would be for me at this point.

For expedience's sake, I think I'll just apply an e-mail link to the cell with the artwork including the lettering for 'Contact Us.' That will serve the purpose at this point. But I do want to gain better understanding, so I'll ask if you have a link to help me understand the concept you are presenting here (like a tutorial or a lesson) and I do thank you for your input.

Ken

davidj
02-01-2007, 04:01 PM
will do a small tutorial to guide you