PDA

View Full Version : Pop up Problems

orso
01-25-2007, 12:01 AM
I have a problem. I used the behavior open new window on a link. I works fine but when a pc user clicks on it, it make like 20 popups of the same thing. How do i only make it pop up once.

<td align="left" valign="top"><p class="style8"><a href="#" onclick="MM_openBrWindow('academicenrichment.html','','resi zable=yes,width=550,height=400')">Academic Enrichment and Tutoring</a></p>
<p class="style8" onfocus="MM_openBrWindow('drumming.html','','resizable=yes, width=550,height=400')"><a href="#" onclick="MM_openBrWindow('drumming.html','','resizable=yes, width=550,height=450')">African Drumming</a></p>
<p class="style8"><a href="#" onclick="MM_openBrWindow('arts and crafts.html','','resizable=yes,width=550,height=30 0')">Arts And Crafts</a></p>
<p class="style8"><a href="#" onclick="MM_openBrWindow('internetcafe.html','','width=532, height=100')">Free Internet access at our Internet Caf&eacute;</a></p>
<p class="style8"><a href="#" onclick="MM_openBrWindow('resumebuilding.html','','resizabl e=yes,width=550,height=400')">Resume Writing</a> </p>
<p class="style8"><a href="#" onclick="MM_openBrWindow('careercounceling.html','','resiza ble=yes,width=532,height=400')">Career Coaching</a> </p>
<p class="style8" onfocus="MM_openBrWindow('collegecounseling.html','','width =535,height=110')"><a href="#" onclick="MM_openBrWindow('collegecounseling.html','','resiz able=yes,width=550,height=450')">College Counseling </a></p>
<p class="style8" onfocus="MM_openBrWindow('careercounceling.html','','width= 532,height=150')">College Financial Planning</p>
<p class="style8"><a href="#" onclick="MM_openBrWindow('danceclasses.html','','resizable= yes,width=550,height=300')">Dance Class </a></p>
<p class="style8"><a href="SpeakerSeries.html">Speaker Series</a></p>
<p class="style8" onfocus="MM_openBrWindow('youthpridelit.html','','resizable =yes,width=550,height=400')"><a href="#" onclick="MM_openBrWindow('youthpridelit.html','','resizable =yes,width=550,height=400')">Youth Pride Literature</a></p>
<p class="style8"><a href="#" onclick="MM_openBrWindow('communityserviece.html','','width =550,height=400')">Opportunity for Community Service </a></p>
<p class="style8" onfocus="MM_openBrWindow('excursions.html','','width=532,he ight=100')"><a href="#" onclick="MM_openBrWindow('excursions.html','','resizable=ye s,width=550,height=300')">Excursions and Trips</a></p>

davidj
01-25-2007, 12:13 AM
all these...

<p class="style8" onfocus="MM_openBrWindow(

are what is causing your problem

1. they are in a <p tag
2. they are using the wrong event onfocus="

orso
01-25-2007, 01:18 PM
so i should swap the <p with onfocus="

davidj
01-25-2007, 01:28 PM
you should start by learning the basics

if you dont know what each does then your going to have trouble.

as you can see you have an onfocus method here...

<p class="style8" onfocus="MM_openBrWindow('drumming.html','','resizable=yes, width=550,height=400')"><a href="#" onclick="MM_openBrWindow('drumming.html','','resizable=yes, width=550,height=450')">African Drumming</a></p>

remove all of the onfocus events

delete...

onfocus="MM_openBrWindow('drumming.html','','resizable=yes, width=550,height=400')"

orso
01-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Im in the process of learning the basics. Im in chapter 6 of my book on html. Im learning alot now. Yall are the best source to get answers from. Im a print design who got thrown into web so please be patient with me.

davidj
01-25-2007, 09:08 PM
we are here to help

please forgive my rant as i mean nothing by it but please spend time to learn the coding aspects

regarding your problem...

the <P tag represents a Paragraph and you have an onfocus event firing the popup. This means that every time the paragraph is focused the popup will launch.