01-20-2007, 03:58 PM
i need some advice regarding credit card payment services

how are these intergrated into a site and whats the best method

what options are out there.

impending second interview on tuesday so need some information amunition

as i am an applications developer i dont deal with this side of the web

chriskq
01-21-2007, 10:30 AM
id also love to find out how to do this.... many friends want to start up with shops n id love to charge them for it

ramandeep
01-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Hi DJ,
I have experience with few of the payment gateways as we have implemented most of them.

The basic concept is the same but depends on how and what level we want to use them.

You have an option of
-merchant account (major high street banks provide merchant accounts)
or
- Third party merchant account which means other company will process the payment for you and will charge you added transaction cost.

Online sellers normally use third party merchant accounts as they are cost effective and quick to implement

Some third party Payment gateways or payment processing systems available (U.K market)
Paypal
Worldpay
2CO
Secpay
Netbanx
NoChex
Protx

some uses HTML forms to pass information between your site and the Payment pages. This is the most straight forward integration method, requiring only basic internet development skills. It enables you to offer a secure payment environment to your shoppers, a wide range of payment methods and currencies, and provides flexibility in the look and feel of your payment pages and confirmation emails. If required, you can also add extra encryption like using SSL.

The other can be, using your designed shopping cart and sending the final values to processors server, they process the payment and the server sends the values back to your website so that you can have confirmation and insert the values in your database as order record. you can customize the pages on processors server so that the whole payment process seems as you are doing it on your own website.

let me know on which part of the process you need more information, i might be able to help :-)

davidj
01-24-2007, 07:28 AM
cheers Ram

had second interview... It went well but left without that
knowing-i-got-it feeling

there are two candidates.. me and another bloke

the director advised he would make his mind up this morning (24/01/2007) He said we were both excellent candidates!!

watch this space

I dont think i have been successful

edbr
01-24-2007, 09:38 AM
there is an open source cart based on templates, which includes several gateways as well as an option for accepting cc with ssl .might be of interest to you.

davidj
01-26-2007, 04:19 PM
didnt get the job

the other guy had set up a few shops so won on experience