PDA

View Full Version : Printed only visible code ?

NevadaSam
01-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Many times when I print code there are a lot of lines that I have hidden(minimized) because I don't need to see them. Is there a way I can print out what I am seeing on the screen, in other words, the visible lines and the minimized lines shown as I see them?

domedia
01-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Hi NevadaSam, I hope I got your question right.

Would pressing the 'print screen' key and pasting into your graphics software suffice?

Welcome to the forums btw!

NevadaSam
01-18-2007, 04:15 PM
What I want to see on paper is only what I see on the screen. I was hoping DreamWeaver had that feature. Maybe someday they will. I really like that I can hide the code that is already working fine and concentrate on the rest while it is on screen. Cut and pasting would work well when the code doesn't scroll down the screen. Someone just told me about SnagIt, a screen grabber that captures scrolling screens. I just downloaded it, and for now it seems the best solution.

Thanks for the reply,

Sam
:

domedia
01-18-2007, 04:17 PM
The print screen key on your keyboard will copy the image of your screen.

NevadaSam
01-18-2007, 04:40 PM
I understand that and I use it all the time for many things. But for long scripts you have to Cut(with Print Screen) & Paste the current screen, scroll down to see more code, cut & paste again, and continue until you have it all.

domedia
01-18-2007, 07:54 PM
ah I understand, I thought you just meant the visible viewport.

If you use Firefox, they have a neat add-on that does exactly this. Great for many things actually, not only code. I sometimes make graphics of long web pages this way.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1146/

NevadaSam
01-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Thanks for that tip. It took me a while to find a version that will work with FireFox 2.0. It save a scrolled image of the web page, but I don't seem to get it to do anything with view code and it does not work outside the browser when I am in Dreamweaver. Normally when I want to veiw a webpage off line I use File, Save Page As...

davidj
01-18-2007, 09:24 PM
if you use IE then check this out

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24881

this has a multifunctional notepad built in for viewing source which allows you to collapse code blocks and print as you see it

edbr
01-19-2007, 12:47 AM
As for print screen there is a nice little free program from www.gadwin.com that automatically saves screenshots in a choice or formats