PDA

View Full Version : Parts of site not made with Dreamweaver?

Boblister
01-16-2007, 11:35 AM
I am new to Dreamweaver. The course I have just completed has shown how to manage sites made in DW and the creation of them. But the problem I have is that part of my site, photo albums, have been generated with a separate package. How can I integrate this alien part of the website (http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1322727&page=1#) into the Dreamweaver structure and also link into it or will this happen automatically?

davidj
01-16-2007, 11:42 AM
it depends on what your photo album is written in

Think of dreamweaver as a big notepad so if you open your page in DW nothing will explode. You may have trouble with wizards and panels not showing you JS or events like onClick's but you will be able to code and design quite easily

edbr
01-18-2007, 07:57 AM
the link is to another forum???

Boblister
01-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the reply, I understand now. I thought things had to be saved in the DW editor. I hadnt realised it took pages that could be already there as well.

The link seems to point to a previous post I made asking the same thing in another forum. I didnt get an answer there so tried here. I can only asume as I cut and pasted the text it somehow made a link.