PDA

View Full Version : Activating Forms in DW MX2004

ArtofWords
01-15-2007, 02:35 PM
I have set up an online form but am unable to activate it. The form can be found at www.n2hairnaturally.com. The hosting site (GoDaddy.com) provides a code to set up a Forms Mailer (the code is: /cgi/gdform.cgi ) however when I test it, nothing happens. Can anyone help me please? I don't know what I have done wrong or what I may have omitted from the tag. I've never done forms before so my knowledge is basically non-existent. Thank you.

domedia
01-15-2007, 02:54 PM
There is no form on that page (<form>), you just skipped the form part of the manual ;)

Your form tag needs to call the script in the action attribute:
<form action="action.php">

davidj
01-15-2007, 02:57 PM
i think your missing a <form tag

is that right everyone or have i missed it ?

davidj
01-15-2007, 02:59 PM
blast

I was on ya heels but you just beat me by a whisker Ove

ArtofWords
01-15-2007, 08:32 PM
Thank you all so much. Please be patient with me and forgive my ignorance. HTML is not my strength as I am new to learning all of this. I have refreshed my page and was wondering if you could assist me further. I've decided not to go with the forms mailer because and instead simply use the CGI script given by GD. Can you tell me if it's okay the way it is?

ArtofWords
01-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Okay, I've just learned that I can't use the CGI script or .php with the particular hosting I have set up. I can only use .asp. Is anyone familiar with this?

davidj
01-16-2007, 05:51 AM
i would find a host that supports PHP

if you compare prices you will find that ASP is more expensive. We currently dont have a ASP guru on here at the moment. I sugest giving PHP ago