PDA

View Full Version : adding shopping basket icon into a table

andymac63
01-15-2007, 10:14 AM
Hi,

I am have a page I'm trying to do which has tables with pieces of text in one cell then a shopping basket in the adjacent column. Sounds simple enough. My shopping basket icon is tiny - a few pixels square.

If I just have the icon in the cell (cut and pasted) the page looks fine, all neat. However, once I add a paypal form with the icon - using paypal merchant account then Dreamweaver adds its own little form icon - and on preview this forces every table row containing the paypal code to become over - enlarged so instead of a neat, closely typed table with text and shopping baskets it is all spaced out far too much

<td align="right" valign="top"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Basic
Print 10&quot;x12&quot; - &pound;3.50&nbsp; </font></td>
<td align="left" valign="top"><form target="paypal" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="image" src="http://www.einteriordecor.com/images/shoppingBasketIcon.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">
<input type="hidden" name="add" value="1">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_cart">
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="amc52@hotmail.com">
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="pic01">
<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="3.50">
<input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="2">
<input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1">
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="GBP">
<input type="hidden" name="lc" value="GB">
<input type="hidden" name="bn" value="PP-ShopCartBF">
</form></td>

hope this all makes sense

davidj
01-15-2007, 11:52 AM
i think it does and if im right then its a bug

where hidden element markers force a tables height and width literally when they have no business doing so

best way i found was to turn the invisible elements off in your preferences

i only view hidden fields markers so i can find them easily in design view the rest i have turned off

andymac63
01-15-2007, 12:50 PM
thanks for that - I have now switched off all hidden element markers. In Dreamweaver everything now looks cool - BUT on preview yet again for some reason the table row is expanded ???? This doesn't happen if there is just a shopping basket graphic in the cell but does when the neccessary PAYPAl code is added?

davidj
01-15-2007, 12:54 PM
post a link so i can see

andymac63
01-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Hi,

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/andymac63/testgallery6.htm

the first 2 shopping baskets underneath the picture Alder Woods (1998) have the paypal code attached - all others are just gifs

As I said before, in Dreamweaver it looks ok - it's only when I preview or publish that is looks crap

davidj
01-15-2007, 01:32 PM
first you have formated this page directly using HTML. This is a big No No. You should use CSS. This is not the cause of the problem though.

you have a form tag with the button inside. Try adding style attribute...

<form style="margin-bottom:0;"

to the form tag

You will need to do this for every page you have a form field but if you had a style sheet in place you could have done this only once.

andymac63
01-15-2007, 01:51 PM
thank you thank you thank you

that works fine

I will use CSS when i do the page properly - this was just a quick start/try at a page I have to do

thank you once again