PDA

View Full Version : Trying to understand php and sessions to change menus....

nanny
01-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Hi I have a job board where if employers log in and they want to pay for a choice of service e.g. place a job ad or cv search and the menu appears via a session.
Now I use mals-e.com for collecting credit card details so to reduce fees etc.
I do the transactions offline and then if successful I change the order to active rather than pending.
So I thought I would need to have access levels e.g. employer, jobseeker, job_ad, cvsearch; and when an emloyer has placed an order a session will change the access level and the new menu would appear.
I would still need to approve payment and change the order of pending to active later.
I want the employer to have this menu set for a period of time, say 31 days, and then they will have to place their order again when they are ready.
I want to keep their job ads in the system as well so that they can have them hidden or shown live according to their needs.
I have this kind of worked out in my head and have done the log in etc. not the access levels yet.
Is it better to have registration for the employer separate than the jobseeker e.g. separate table in mysql or upon registration they select which option they want for access level.
Just wanting an opinion on security issues considering the jobseeker information is kept separate and only seen upon payment.
Thanks hope someone has ideas to help.
Appreciate your thoughts...........

davidj
01-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Is it better to have registration for the employer separate than the jobseeker e.g. separate table in mysql or upon registration

there is no need to have a seperate table. Just use a user_type field and define a flag for each

jobseeker = 1
employer = 2