PDA

View Full Version : Browser Issues

Chi-Chi
12-28-2006, 09:23 PM
'm new to Dreamweaver and set up a simple web site for my employer. But the html file is not working the way that I want it to. I have 5 flash images in the middle of the page that I would like to keep its place but it is acting like a static web site. When I view the site in exployer the images sometimes come up in 2 or more rows. My question is how do I anchor or set a browser out put size that the images will not move around? Thanks
Dbrown99

neonfluxx
12-28-2006, 10:32 PM
please provide link so our members can see the problem.

Chi-Chi
12-29-2006, 02:11 PM
Sorry hope this helps... http://www.hoppmanndesign.com/ as you can see if you minimize your web browser and change the size of the browser all pics and text get shifted as opposed to remaining static like most common websites.

neonfluxx
12-30-2006, 01:50 AM
Okay, see the problem:

well lets go over this. First advice then your answer.

Advice:
Stop using separate flash objects. make one flash object that will do all of it. Then in the setting for publish compress to best quality. To many flash objects will cause long load time and people don't stick around when websites take to long to load.

Your fix:
The objects are moving due to the fact there is nothing to keep them in place. Two solutions:

1. Use a table and place the objects in there. Set the width of the table to pixels not percent and place the sixe of the table width you would like.

2. Use CSS and place the objects in side a div and the use of a wrapper will be needed. There is a great Tutorial by Mike Crone that will explain the use of the wrapper and centering content.

Either way will fix the problem. I'm sure davidj or domedia will be along shortly with some more advice. Everyone does things a little different but for the most part I'm sure they will agree.

Good Luck.

dbrown99
01-02-2007, 08:09 PM
How would you suggest inserting 5 flash buttons into Dreamweaver as 1 Flash Doc.? My other problem is solved but the image is not being seen within the table that I created.

www.hoppmanndesign.com

Dan Brown

dbrown99
01-02-2007, 08:16 PM
I want to make it a little more clear. I can see everything fine now until I upload to the server. When opening on my c: drive I can see everything perfect. Uploading to server the 5 flash buttons disappear.

Dan Brown

chriskq
01-03-2007, 02:30 AM
i can c ur page fine and the flash files (on rollover they show the image)
so im not sure what ur asking... u sed u cant see the flash files on your server - but they have to be one their as they seem to be working fine

im using FireFox btw

dbrown99
01-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Yea, my boss uploaded the one that was not updated to the previous comments. He wanted something working for now. I will try to get the other one uploaded. Thanks

Dan Brown