PDA

View Full Version : Connected but no table row/cols.

keratos
12-20-2006, 08:28 AM
Hi

First time here, new to dreamweaver but experienced Access, VB.NET, ASP programmer.

Please hlp:

So, I'm using the sample Tri db shipped with Dreamweaver,
Created an OLE DB connection to the trio db and tested connection. Dreamweaver reports successfull connection,
Go into the database tab on the windows and open the connection tree, under rows, views etc , there is nothing.
If I try and create a dataset, the dialog reports no columns/fields to choose.
Opened the Trio.mdb file by double clicking and all is well.
Checked permissions for the windows anonymous IIS user (IUSR_*) on the .mdb and granted full access.No change.

What gives??

TIA

davidj
12-20-2006, 08:42 AM
hi keratos

welcome to the forum

unfortunately we dont have an ASP + IIS + mdb guru so you may be waiting a while for a reply!

keratos
12-20-2006, 09:03 AM
Hi David
:(
Mmm,well,was worth a try. Its probably something on my machine that DW doesn't like.

Its relatively simple, I've done this in other HTML/WYSIWYG (HotDog,FrontPage,Fusion etc). so I'll keep hacking.

Thanks anyway.

In the meantime, I'd be happy to reply to general database/ASP queries for you. ;)

keratos
12-20-2006, 09:41 AM
>>>Update

I tried changing my page to ASP-Javascript, rather than ASP.NET type. All is well now. Clearly something wrong with my ASP.NET installation or DW doesn't like something?!

davidj
12-20-2006, 11:00 AM
nice to hear it keratos

we are always looking for helpers for the forum especially in the ASP department

all a member has to do is shine.

Lots of help and post counts would end up with moderator status