PDA

View Full Version : shifting and spacing nightmares

orso
12-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Can someone tell me what is going wrong. I keep getting space between tables and my header (library). I have changed the page preferences to 0, no border, align left and top, no padding, no spacing, no return. yet i cant figure out how to fix it. Im also having the same problem inside tables sometimes. I fixed it my remaking a library (buttons) and putting it back in.

If you want to take a look go to www.bronxpride.org There is a invisible hotspot that will lead you to the page. Put your mouse at the right tip of the y in community the push you mouse up to the top of the page. You should find it there.

orso
12-15-2006, 10:33 PM
Also how do you turn double spacing off in text.

domedia
12-15-2006, 11:54 PM
hey orso and welcome to the forums!
Looks fine here, it would help it you could be specific to exactly where this problem occurs for you.

'Double spacing'..<--- I'm guessing you are referring to paragraphs being made when you hit the enter key? This is default in most rich text editors. For a single line break, hold Shift + Enter.

orso
12-16-2006, 12:44 AM
I you go to the link of our story. the header is low and the buttons are low. I can not raise them.

domedia
12-16-2006, 05:31 AM
orso, I tested in both IE7 and FF2, only browsers I have available at the moment, and I don't see any space above the header or the first set of text.
Am I right to assume you're seeing this in IE6?

Can anyone else have a look in IE6 to confirm?

sorry that this have to be a pain orso, but all these questions are of technical nature, and most of the time we need more info :(

orso
12-16-2006, 01:48 PM
hey its no problem. actually i am looking at it in safari.

maybe this will help
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j63/orso2932/Picture1-1.png

domedia
12-16-2006, 10:01 PM
I don't have a mac, so someone else have to look into this for you.