PDA

View Full Version : mail being dumped in junk

edbr
12-13-2006, 12:54 AM
The usual suspects being hotmail and yahoo, I reply to 30 -50 emails and job applications a day, if however the accounts are the above often I get put in the junk mail. I always knew this happened to some extent but I just downloaded a program that automatically informs me when mail is opened and the amount is huge. I have been resending as a new mail and have a better response although not perfect.I get it about defeating spam .I get 30 and hour sometimes, but I am replying to email already sent to me.

Apart from wanting to moan, my question is does anybody know if I can do anything about this?

davidj
12-13-2006, 05:51 AM
get a premium hotmail account

edbr
12-13-2006, 06:18 AM
the problem is not with my e mail address but with people I am in contact with. my e mail is from my domain. it is a common problem though from this forum I had to move the first e mail from junk as I use hotmail as a private address.

domedia
12-13-2006, 12:57 PM
Your problem is with your email client, or I totally misunderstood your question.

Which email client are you using?

davidj
12-13-2006, 01:32 PM
the pitfalls of a POP3

which is why i use hotmail now. Hardly get any spam now

edbr
12-14-2006, 12:17 AM
dj I get that about hotmail but a business e mail address from hotmail is not an answer. The Spam is not a problem to me as I block it, check it and delete it in a couple of minuteswith a spam blocker

ok i obviously wasn't clear, I'll try again.
I have an employment office. Candidiates send me their cvs and I answer them to make appointments for interviews etc.
I have found that when replying to their e mails , if they have hotmail or yahoo, the setting so their mail service drop me straight into junk mail, even though it is a reply hence not unsolicited mail.
If I make new mail, and address it manually to them it has a better success rate of getting through into their main mailbox.

I know this isn't unique, as I said it happened from this forum, as well as many other sites : is there some setting I can use in the mail I send that can reduce this that anyone knows?
I'm guessing not but it sure would save me time if there is

domedia
12-14-2006, 01:23 PM
ok, trying again :)

Which email client are you using?

edbr
12-15-2006, 12:28 AM
sorry just wanted to be clearer. I use Outlook, my my co worker was using outlook express.
I use foxmail on another account/domain and all have same problems