PDA

View Full Version : php + repeat region with checkbox to save for later

nanny
12-12-2006, 08:02 AM
Hi I am wondering if anybody knows with Dreamweaver 2004 if it is possible to have say an employer search for CV's, the result page with the repeat region has a checkbox that enables the employer to check the box to allow to save the CV list for later viewing.
I can work out the search, result, repeat region and pagination no troubles but how to get that into an insert record that allows the checked list to go into the database.
The employer will have already logged in so they would be using sessions.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks

davidj
12-12-2006, 08:40 AM
Hi I am wondering if anybody knows with Dreamweaver 2004 if it is possible

YES in PHP, NO in Dreamweaver.. (now theres a suprise!)

employer to check the box to allow to save the CV list for later viewing.

of course. It would be easier if you have a seperate table that holds the CV paths and has an ID ref although you could just define a select from the candidate table so it only uses the candidite ID and CV. You could have a favorites table that holds the employer ID and have a favorites field

nanny
12-12-2006, 11:40 PM
Thanks davidj
I was thought I would have to have a favourites table. But that was as far as possible as I could get. Do you have any ideas how to start, I mean I know how to do the employer searches for the CV's and get the results and use a checkbox to set the $_POST array but because it is a page navigation do I set the form to go where after it has been sent or will the page navigation continue the form?
Thanks for your help

davidj
12-12-2006, 11:43 PM
its 12:45 here in uk

i will run through it in the morning with you

davidj
12-13-2006, 04:17 PM
if you set a checkbox in your repeat reigon and name it with a candidate id

then you can perform an update when a user checks a check box pasing the value of the CV ID and the id of the user

nanny
12-14-2006, 04:02 AM
Coool thanks I will give it a try and let you know.
Might be a few days as I am thinking ahead before applying.
Thanks heaps for your help.