PDA

View Full Version : Phpbb

neonfluxx
12-10-2006, 06:29 PM
does anyone know any good tutorials on phpbb. All the ones i see on the net are not very good. I'm new at it so i would like to learn how to make the templetes.

lux
12-10-2006, 07:06 PM
ive created a couple of templates in the past and would say the best thing is to locate the default template, study it and change it to suit your needs(playing around with the file is often a good way to see how and where it can be changed).

Also download a few different templates and see how they differ, that way you will be able to see how different designs can be achieved.

hope that helps

neonfluxx
12-10-2006, 07:15 PM
thanks for the info i will give that a try.

lux
12-10-2006, 09:36 PM
cool,

on my local setup i have the subsilver(default template) in the templates/subsilver directory.

in there find subsilver.css: thats where all the styling in written. have a mess around with the code, break it, change it do what you want with it and most importantly break it so that you can learn from what happens! then if you cant fix it download the forum again and start again (always fun!) that way you can practice with what you are doing and get more accustomed to it all! best way to learn these things in my opinion! haha.

i found this is site: http://www.phpbbhacks.com/

there’s a few other templates to have a look at and make sure you look at the code in the .css file to see how they've done it!

neonfluxx
12-11-2006, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the help. I was wondering what was the easiest route. Do you use dreamweaver to do everything.

Thanks.
Neon