PDA

View Full Version : How to "put" multiple changed files at once?

chavvez
12-09-2006, 11:18 PM
I searched but couldn't find an answer. I have multiple pages linked to a template. If I update the template and then the pages linked to it, is there anyway to upload all of the changed pages at once? There are multiple files organized into folders and having to open them all first and "put" them individually to the ftp is a pita. Thanks for the help!

lux
12-10-2006, 12:08 AM
if your using a server side language like php then use the include function to call common page elements so that when you update common content its only page that you need to upload (or 'put').

if you're not using a server side language i could only otherwise suggest trying to organise your files in a way that pages which are amended regularly as located close together in your file directory.

domedia
12-10-2006, 07:08 PM
The synchronize function in DW is made for this.

Once you've updated your local site with your template, go to your Files window, right-click on your main site folder and choose 'synchronize'.

Then choose 'Entire '[yoursite]' Site
And 'Put newer files to remote'

chavvez
12-26-2006, 02:06 AM
Forgot to come back and say thanks for the help! The synchronize function is working great.

brenton929
12-15-2010, 04:04 PM
I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!

ok.. so this is how you put multiple files with dreamweaver (accross multiple sites)

Run a find that searches your entire folder of your web sites (whatever you store all the sites in locally (they have to be in one folder on your drive for this to work). Search for something that is in each of the files you want to upload. So, if you have 15 files that are similar and you want them all put, search for something that is in ALL 15.

Then at the bottom it will show a list of all files in that folder that contained your search phrase. YOU CAN SELECT ALL OF THESE, OR HOWEVER MANY YOU WANT, AND RIGHT CLICK --> PUT.

Its as easy as that, it will go through and put each file from each site, logging into each respective FTP..

Cool huh? :)

This is my first post, i got a username just so i could share this with you all :)

Corrosive
12-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Good skills :) Thanks for posting the answer.

brenton929
12-16-2010, 12:50 PM
btw...you have to make sure that the test server isn't selected for any of the sites (if you want remote) otherwise it default to the test enviroment and uploads to test for that particular site.