PDA

View Full Version : IE6 relative positioning

jonsaul
12-07-2006, 11:32 AM
Hi all,

I have a little problem with relative positioning in IE6, I have a div at the bottom of my files '#wclink' this div is positioned properly on all pages in FF Mac, and its ok in safari too.

The problem is with IE6, the home page isn't too bad but the rest the positioning is out, and It can be out by in-consistent amounts (across the pages, not by re-load etc).

Anyway, cut a long story short, Ive tried using px, em etc to position the div it still slips in IE (this movement is only on the y-axis, so this leads me to think that it is due to the various amounts of text on the pages).
Ive tried an alt style sheet 'explorer.css', Ive tried a rule for all pages except the home page using an #ID on the <body>.

No luck,

http://www.ezinemarketing.eu/index.html

Does anyone know what this is...... please ?

domedia
12-07-2006, 02:01 PM
You would be much better off by putting that link inside the footer div. That's where the footer background is, and it would make it so much easier for you. I'll be able to help you position it right if it gives you problems.

jonsaul
12-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Hi,

Sorry, It was another stupid thing, I scrapped the div and added the id to the link directly instead. Then I made a seperate IE style sheet with a new Pos, and put it in a conditional comment.

There was some other jiggling to be done but not much.

One thing I did notice though is that the relative positioning seemed to be more accurate when I removed the XML version from the document <head>, does having an XML version declared start quirks mode or something ??

I apologise for my recent string of stupid questions...haha.

Thanks Domedia.

Jonsaul

domedia
12-07-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm glad it worked for you :)

I'd like to point out a few things though; you don't need a seperate IE stylesheet, it fixes the symptom, not the problem. Your link should go inside div id footer, which would makes things a whole lot easier for you. I can write it up for you fast if you want to. It just makes the site easier to manage; one stylesheet and structure more logic.