PDA

View Full Version : Log In User

red_rose
12-06-2006, 12:08 PM
i've just started learning dreamweaver and i would like to develop a website. i would like to add a login page with a username and password. by referrring to a book, it says after clicking the submit button, i have to choose User Authentication list in Application category on the Insert bar so that the Log In User dialog box opens but in my dreamweaver, when i choose Application category, i cant see any User Authentication options. how do i get this? i really need help. is it something to do with server behaviors? if yes, how do i do it? please help :( ..thanks

davidj
12-06-2006, 12:31 PM
to do this you need a scripting language like PHP

are you using PHP?

red_rose
12-06-2006, 02:09 PM
yes im using php to do this. but why i cant find the application in my software? my server and database are located in another pc and im using dreamweaver in local pc. but i cant connect to my database in the server. does that could be the problem? for now, i cant find the application in my dreamweaver. please help me on this. thanks alot

davidj
12-06-2006, 03:09 PM
php is working on the other machine yes?

have you tested your connection?

red_rose
12-06-2006, 03:15 PM
yes php is running on the server side. but yes, the problem is, i cannot connect to my database from my local pc, same goes to dreamweaver, i cant connect to mysql

davidj
12-06-2006, 03:35 PM
site definitions

make sure its configured like this.

Replace the data with your own like the made up IP address