PDA

View Full Version : screen dump using php possible?

dazzclub
11-29-2006, 12:23 PM
is it possible to take a screen dump using php at all??

davidj
11-29-2006, 01:04 PM
well thats an unusual question

ok lets look at it this way..

I built an app which used the onKeyPress event and if a return key was hit i would cancell the event and replace it with a tab keycode so return would tab

i am sure you could fire a printscreen keycode from a function on a link or a button (its 44 by the way)

also i know you can read and write to the clipboard using JS BUT because this access is of a higher level than general webby tricks (accessing the DOM) there will be a warning i would imagine like a confirm box ->

This application is trying to access the clipboard. Do you want to allow this

If you can live with a warning then i am sure you would be able to send its contents through AJAX...

paused for thought ....Mmmm (ponders rubbing chin)

dazzclub
11-29-2006, 05:38 PM
hmm that sounds particularly interesting would it be possible to edit the tex in the warning box at all?

shall i look into researching some ajax then?

thanks again

domedia
11-29-2006, 05:50 PM
so after a printscreen, you're gonna try to automatically send the content of the local cache to another server... Just from a general security standpoint that sounds.. uh.. undoable.

davidj
11-29-2006, 05:51 PM
fistly you need to break this down into tasks

(javascript) - create a function that alerts which key has been pressed when pressing keys
swap onkeypress events - make the keys do other tasks - detect a F2 kepress and swap its keycode for a tab or a space
try and read and write to the clipboard and alert its contents

I do think this is going to be a problem though

dazzclub
11-29-2006, 06:04 PM
ok here goes,

i have a site im working on, www.cool-plates.co.ukits basicly a showplate website where builders can create a custom plate and then buy it.

if you notice, the plate is built using the drop down menu. At the moment when the user checks out with their plate design, all there details are sent into a database ( font used, image used, etc )which is inturn retireved round the back in an admin section ive set up.

what i would like is a way of capturing the actual plate design image aswell, which is also sent to my database/folder which then can be displayed using some php/mysql.

hope you understand my proposed wish

davidj
11-29-2006, 06:34 PM
why not save it in a blob in the db or store it and point to the path from the db

domedia
11-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Yeah just save the data that was made to create it, and just recreate it whenever you want.
(Wish you had been a little more detailed in first post)