PDA

View Full Version : Avatar limitations

chriskq
11-27-2006, 10:49 PM
I kno i shouold prolly start a new thread with this query, but blanchard started this thread simply called 'avatars' (even thou i wouldnt considering the rank icons to be avatars... more like rank badges....... you wouldnt see ppl in the army refer to rank badges/pins as avatars would you?)

Dom and others, whats the deal with not being able to upload or link to animated gif avatars.

also, whats the size limit of being able to link to a avatar, it only mentions size limit when uploading.

domedia
11-28-2006, 05:34 AM
I kno i shouold prolly start a new thread with this query Ask and you shall receive ;-)

Dom and others, whats the deal with not being able to upload or link to animated gif avatars. This has been my intention all along actually, and the new forum package came this way so it worked out perfect.

also, whats the size limit of being able to link to a avatar, it only mentions size limit when uploading.
Max width is 108px, which is as wide as the badges. Upload size is 20kb I think.

chriskq
11-28-2006, 07:21 AM
This has been my intention all along actually

awww... i wanted to bring my crazy rabbit back into the picture.

ps - what is the new forum package called, i have tired out vanilla so far, but no others

domedia
11-28-2006, 01:55 PM
This forum package is called vBulletin. It's a commercial package, you can check out prices and features at vbulletin.com.

I thought I'd compensate yo by making those avatars max size a little bigger chris, make a bigger one! ;)