PDA

View Full Version : New to Dreamweaver

stag
11-27-2006, 09:39 PM
Hi,

Started online dreamweaver 8 tutorials over at Lynda.com but was wondering if any one could recommend any other tutorials, books and actual excercises which could be benefical?

Cheers
Stag

davidj
11-27-2006, 09:50 PM
if your learning the basics then any good book will be a great help. I find you learn more if you have realistic project to complete so look for a book which takes you through exercises from begining to end

also make up your own projects by inventing company websites. This is the best way to learning quickly

write down a few company names with a scoping document as if you have had your first meeting. Draw this out into a technical/design spec and then start to build it. If you hit any brickwalls then just ask in the forum and we will help

try.. www.dwc.dk (http://www.dwc.dk) for inspiration

oh.. welcome to the forum stag

domedia
11-28-2006, 05:49 AM
Hi stag and welcome to the forums!
You're not saying what you're looking to learn. If you are brand new to Dreamweaver look to the help files and manual, it's important to understand the basic concepts of how Dreamweaver works.

If you're looking for some more advanced tutorials, check out davidj's video tutorial in my signature.

edbr
11-28-2006, 06:44 AM
I found Dreamweaver for dummies a good place to start. But then learnt guitar from Bert Weedons play in a day book. That shows my age!!

davidj
11-28-2006, 08:29 AM
Bert Weedons play in a day book

I had that book :-D