PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver 8 with classic view. Possible?

skuba
11-22-2006, 05:15 AM
DW MX gave us the choice to choose classic view or panel view. I can't find the same thing on DW 8. Is it just me, more people like the classic view better because you can actually move the panels around?

Thanks

skuba
11-22-2006, 05:34 AM
Another thing I don't like on this version is that all open documents are in the same window of DW. I like each open document separate, so I can alternate back and forth with ctrl-tab. Is it possible to change it too?

Thanks

davidj
11-22-2006, 08:42 AM
click on the restore down button in the right hand corner of the tabbed document panel. This undocs the document panel

drag the document panel to fit the size you want

when you open a new file a new document window will open and allow you to Ctrl + Tab to switch between document windows

domedia
11-22-2006, 02:45 PM
I can't find the same thing on DW 8.

You can always try to reinstall to be prompted again.

davidj
11-22-2006, 03:03 PM
i dont think you are given the option of classic view. I cant remember that option anyhoo

i know your given design or code view and the only difference i can see is that the panel locations appear on the left or right depending on what you pick ?????

I always pick design view even though im a coder coz i like my panels on the right

domedia
11-22-2006, 03:17 PM
i dont think you are given the option of classic view. You might be right. I remember dwmx2004 had this, but honestly can't remember dw 8 having the same prompt.

skuba
11-25-2006, 03:30 AM
But if you, like me, used to work with older versions, you will not that the site window is not completely independent of the code/design window. I mean, you can't alternate between the 2 anymore. It seems that we have to open and close the site files all the time.
Do yu know what I mean? In previous versions we could have all dreamweaver in one window, and the site manager/files manager in another window. Do you know hw to accomplish this on DW8?

Thanks again

davidj
11-25-2006, 11:00 AM
i think i know what you want

grab the handle indicated in the image and drag the panel away form its dock so it floats

each panle will operate independently

skuba
11-25-2006, 04:53 PM
Thanks for trying to help, but that's not it. Maybe you guys haven't been using DW for as long as I did. I started at version 3 of the program.

I can make the files float like you said. What I really want is to have it own a completely independent window like it used to be. We used to being able alternate between windows, just like 2 separate windows. We could use ctrl+tab to change, just like we do with any open program, for example word and photoshop.

Does anybody understand?

Thanks

davidj
11-25-2006, 06:25 PM
i tink i understand but not sure why you would want to take such a backward step

i also started with drumbeat and ultradev