PDA

View Full Version : Flash Buttons opening in new window

andyflemin
11-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Hey guys, this is probably a rookie mistake but I would really appriciate some help. I am making a site using frames and flash buttons for my navbar.
I have set all the buttons to open in the main frame but for some reason they decide to open in a new window instead (without my navbar frame).
Anybody got any ideas?
Thanks,
Andy

davidj
11-20-2006, 11:39 AM
have you developed thes button in dreamweaver or flash?

if you have done them in DW them make sure you have opened your frameset page (not the page with the flash buttons in)
When you open your frameset page the buttons should display in their frame page
make sure you have named all your frames from opening the framset and clicking on each frame then assigning a name
click on the button and in the target dropdown you should see the name of your frame which you want that button to have interaction with

domedia
11-20-2006, 01:20 PM
andyflemin, welcome to the forums!

The target you're setting in your actionscript has to match your framename. But it sounds like you're loading local files, right? So a better solution would just be to drop the frames all together, it's not like you're loading external content.

andyflemin
11-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Thanks guys
I developed them in Dreamweaver.I have already did all of that (and opened the frame not the page). And its still opening pages in new windows instead of the main frame. I have no idea why. The only reason I'm using frames is so I can get background music to play thoughout the website that the user can change
Andy

davidj
11-20-2006, 01:30 PM
did you buld them in dreamweaver or flash

domedia
11-20-2006, 01:42 PM
I think he just said he made them in dreamweaver ;)

davidj
11-20-2006, 01:47 PM
i missed the post !

Doh :roll: