PDA

View Full Version : Is this a goood deal?

edbr
11-16-2006, 06:01 AM
I host sites with a local here. the server is in USA. here is a typical package
Web Space. I was wondering how this compares.

the cost is about $60 a year.

POP3 Email Account 100 Megabytes

Autoresponder Unlimited

Mailing List Unlimited

FTP Account 20

MySQL database Unlimited

PostgreSQL database Unlimited

Subdomain Unlimited

Addon domain 10

Parked domain 10
Bandwidth 3000 Mb

domedia
11-16-2006, 12:37 PM
one major factor is left out, service. Go to the hosts forum, check out what their customers are ssaying about uptime amd service to get a full picture. Or search for their website on the web for any customer stories.

edbr
11-16-2006, 11:46 PM
sorry I didn't explain myself well. I have used them for a while and am happy with them. I just lose touch living in the sticks and just wondered how it compares with the rest out there.

domedia
11-17-2006, 01:35 AM
The answer is the same :)
You might find much less expensive options, but I don't think you'd be really happy about uptime and service respond time. And when something does happen to your website, service does matter. You're not paying for features alone.

This forum was first hosted on a hosting package with much less features than what you have above at $300/y. But it's the best hosting I've ever had. Response times on troubletickets could be counted in minutes and occasionally they owner of the hosting company would call me directly to help me out.

So with great support and service, I'd say that hosting plan you have is good, with average support I'd say the package you have outlined above seems reasonable, although the 100mb space and 3gig bandwidth seems too little. If you have to wait long time for help, and their not really helpful, go shop for a new host ;)

edbr
11-17-2006, 01:44 AM
Thanks curiosity appeased. re response i have the mobile no of the guy here and I'm not afraid to use it.

as for band width that is really the question .I recently started a dating site which although a small affair just for locally, it has an instant messenger function and will add a chat section later so this is my concern.

domedia
11-17-2006, 01:57 AM
as for band width that is really the question. ah, pm me.

blanchard
11-25-2006, 07:08 PM
streamline.net

has the best deal I think, I'm going to use them.