PDA

View Full Version : Internal Pages

GCM
11-14-2006, 03:14 PM
In trying to get as high up in Google as possible I have been researching SEO.

I came across a statement which said - when you link pages within your site always use the full URL.

Is this important or false?

Bottom line is I haven't!

Using Dreamweaver to link my internal pages I used the link function - the pages link but when I view the source code on the web I just see the page title not the full URL.

But if I use the hyperlink option to create my internal links isn't that a negative from SEO point of view as it looks like I'm linking to an external site everytime I link my internal pages?

Mark

domedia
11-14-2006, 03:32 PM
It would not look like you're linking to an external website, it would look like you're linking to your own website. Why would it look like you're linking to another website?

I don't think anyone has proof that searchengines like absolute links better than relative links. There's really no motivation either. Why would absolute paths make a page more important (in terms of ranking)? The result pages would be skewed, not based on relevancy, but based on wether the site uses relative or absolute linking philosophy. I think you can relax on this matter :)

Whoever made that statement is the one that should be asked the question. Which source did that quote come from?