PDA

View Full Version : Applying templates to entire site in DW 8

bicuser
11-10-2006, 01:54 PM
I administer a large Intranet and currently all the pages are attached to a single template.

As part of a rebranding exercise, I have created new templates for each specific area of the site. I know that I canít do a find and replace on the .dwt file in the pages but how can I apply specific templates to specific folders in the site without having to open each file individually and apply the appropriate template manually?

Any advice gratefully received.

Sam

domedia
11-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Welcome bicuser!

Actually, I don't think you can.. Did look into using seperate library items for different areas of the site as part of your template?

If you have a *large* number of files, you might be better of creating server side templates (dynamic sites using includes, PHP, ASP etc). If your website is more than 50 pages (which I assume it is), the dreamweaver templates starts being a little too limiting, which I think is what you're experiencing right now.

bicuser
11-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Domedia, many thanks for the quick response.

Yes it is a large site but at the moment, server-side templates don't feature, as such, in our environment.

If there is no automatic solution, it is feasible, if time-consuming to apply the new templates manually. Juat a few days work.

Any other comments much appreciated.