PDA

View Full Version : ref : Dreamweaver 8 clashes just after launching it

Ron Wolpa
11-09-2006, 04:05 AM
:?: I had dwr 8 installed and normally running since may 6 2006 , when I migrated from mx2004 to version 8.
On that occasion much to my chagrin this bug took me a couple of hours installing , uninstalling , reinstalling , in order for dwr to work properly.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall many times , to repair the existent installation , to install it in another folder , etc.
It finally ran stably - dont ask me how ?! - and I could use up to some hours ago when it clashed and has not returned to the normal operation.

The occurrence can be described as follows :

- after setup is over and dwr 8 is launched , the interface loads and the start page comes up normally ;
obs: despite the previous installation has been completely uninstalled , the Start page "Open a recent file " lists all the files I had opened lately : it looks like
something is still somewhere in the disk (?)

- some seconds later (no time enough for any click) dwr 8 clashes and error report screen comes up ;
(AppName: dreamweaver.exe AppVer: 8.0.2.2809 ModName: dreamweaver.exe ModVer: 8.0.2.2809 Offset: 004f0893)
- Ive capture the log file 584a_appcompat.txt from a temp folder ;

As far as I remember I had troubles alike with previous versions (3, 4 ,mx2004 and now with 8) ;

Ive attempted to uninstall and reinstall many times , changing the installation folder , install the 8.02 update (dw8_802_update_en.exe) for no avail.

Anyone to help me out to solve this bug ?

davidj
11-09-2006, 06:04 AM
at this stage i would just rebuild your machine with a fresh install of windows. Once you have windows on your machine then install DW. This rules out any conflicts with other software.

If you do get problems then your installation disk must be corrupt