PDA

View Full Version : new to dreamweaver

flyboy570
10-29-2006, 05:41 PM
Hi I am fairly new to web design, having done a basic course in HTML at evening classes. I have just re-disigned a web site using dreamweaver mx 2004 for the first time, and am trying to get the pages to re-size in for all browsers. the trouble seems to be that I have got images on the bottom of most of the pages that are sized in pixals, and also the heading on all the pages is a gif sized again in pixals. (designed in photoshop) Can any body please make sugestions of how I can get the site to re-size, even if I have to start all over again. the site address is www.calfordcarriage.co.uk

Thanks for your help.

Andy

domedia
10-29-2006, 06:12 PM
Hello Andy, and welcome to the dreamweaver club!

It shouldn't be to hard to make your website automatically adjust to the browser window (well depends on your knowledge of course).

Try to follow these steps:
1. Set 100% on your main table tag. This will make the website expand/contract based on available width.
<table width="800" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

2. Set a background-color on your first row with the large image in it:
<th scope="row" style="background-color: #990033">tiltle3.gif</th>

3. Redo the top image, this time only making it as wide as you need (about 586px?). What you're doing is actually just removing the parts of the image that is solid color. We've added a background color on the table cell to take care of that.

See how far that gets you, and make sure to come back if you get stuck ;)

flyboy570
10-29-2006, 06:42 PM
Hi domedia

Thanks for your help, I will do as you sugest, what about the images at the bottom of the cars, weddings, + event pages. will these re-size as well?
Andy

domedia
10-29-2006, 07:14 PM
No, images don't resize I'm afraid

d a v e
10-29-2006, 08:25 PM
not sure why you have the apostrophes at the end of all the navigation button text
e.g. Wedding's - surely it should be 'Weddings' !