PDA

View Full Version : Bookmarks? Is there such a thing in Dreamweaver?

moondog
10-27-2006, 06:57 PM
I have a page that is very large with images on it. I would like to create a link at the top that points to a spot further down. How do I do this in Dreamweaver?

dog

domedia
10-27-2006, 07:02 PM
Hi moondog,
cbtcafe has a quick tutorial on it :)
http://www.cbtcafe.com/dreamweaver/anchor/index.html

moondog
10-28-2006, 03:05 AM
Hi domedia,
Thanks ..... that was a big help, I had the right idea, just couldn't figure out how to do it .... I used to use FrontPage (sorry for swearing :D )

Here's the page in case you were interested in seeing what I used it for.

http://www.moondographics.com/dragonlords/dragonlords%20map.htm

The next thing I'll want to do is have a "layer" of faded color colorize a "region" when I click on a "spot" in that "region." You might understand what I'm talking about after you see the map.

Again, thanks a lot!

dog

blanchard
10-28-2006, 11:48 AM
moondog that must have taken you some time to do.

I have noticed though when I click on "Minion of Morgul" (top left)
towards the bottom left hand corner I see a white reactangular vertical box, I don't know if it's just my browser (Mozilla Firefox on a PC) or if you are still working on it.
:D

domedia
10-28-2006, 03:19 PM
wow, I'm on broadband and that page took me a good 30 seconds to load. :)

How much time have you piut into making that page?

moondog
10-28-2006, 09:06 PM
once I had the idea in my head .... about 3 or 4 hours altogether.
not counting asking you guys for help

can't see making it much smaller without losing a lot of the information ... as visual is just as important as textual.

dog

d a v e
10-29-2006, 05:46 AM
you could use jpegs instead of pngs - some of those slices are pretty big! -try even with the 'better quality' option for jpeg in FW and it should bring some of the file sizes down nicely

moondog
10-29-2006, 01:16 PM
I thought the only way I could do pop-outs in fireworks was with .png files.
Is this NOT the case? I'm sort of new at this .... so guide me please.

d a v e
10-29-2006, 03:05 PM
just choose jpg in the optimise panel check the help files if you need more info

domedia
10-29-2006, 03:29 PM
I thought the only way I could do pop-outs in fireworks was with .png files.
Is this NOT the case? I'm sort of new at this .... so guide me please.
PNG is just the image format. Pop-outs is a function of your HTML/css/js, not the image.
Web image formats are jpg, gif and png.

moondog
10-29-2006, 06:10 PM
PNG is just the image format. Pop-outs is a function of your HTML/css/js, not the image.Web image formats are jpg, gif and png.

I know about the formats of images etc... however, the easiest way I've found to make pop-outs is to use Fireworks and Fireworks won't let me do the same thing with a .jpg file. I don't see any way to use ImageReady to do pop-outs. So I'm stuck with the way I've gone so far.

I can't code in html/css/js and get confused by the tutorials or scripts cuz I don't know where to "place" the codes.

dog