View Full Version : Justify Backgrounds

tlsgraphics
10-25-2006, 04:23 PM
How can I justify the background to the right? www.svtechnology.net
Thank you

dthomsen8
10-25-2006, 04:38 PM
Thank youI am not sure what you want to accomplish. Your existing background image is 861 x 665 pixels, but the left side of the image is white.

If you use a mirror image of this background, you would get the color portion of your background over to the left. See the attachment. By default, background images are repeated left to right, and top to bottom.

domedia
10-25-2006, 05:18 PM
Thank you

You need to use CSS for any fancy stuff like that. It's pretty easy, and also the right way (web standards ;) ) to do it.

Leave you body tag empty
<body>
And place this css code above it:
<style type="text/css">
<!--
body {background: url(Background2.jpg) top right no-repeat #fff;}
-->
</style>

If you like to repeat the background vertically, replace 'no-repeat; with 'repeat-y'

The full HTML document:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title>[Site Title]</title>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
body {background: url(Background2.jpg) top right no-repeat #fff;}
-->
</style>
</head>
<body>
Your page here
</body>
</html>

tlsgraphics
10-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Thank youI am not sure what you want to accomplish. Your existing background image is 861 x 665 pixels, but the left side of the image is white.

If you use a mirror image of this background, you would get the color portion of your background over to the left. See the attachment. By default, background images are repeated left to right, and top to bottom.

Is my background to wide? Is white repeating on the right side? I didn't see your attachment. Thank you

dthomsen8
10-25-2006, 06:40 PM

Is my background to wide? Is white repeating on the right side? I didn't see your attachment. Thank you

See attachment. I think I didn't upload it before.