PDA

View Full Version : Where is he?

dreamlynx
10-21-2006, 06:27 PM
What has happened to Ci? I haven't seen a post from him in ages. Hope he is ok.

----------------------
FROM ADMIN:
In case anyone still cares about this thread, this post and all other posts made by 'dreamlynx' in this thread was made from dynamic IP addresses owned by jetstream.xtra.co.nz., 'nz' is New Zealand and the full IP address matches a members IP address that is mentioned in this thread. Not cool, this is a Dreamweaver forum, not kindergarden.
Enough said.

Jittor
10-23-2006, 04:42 PM
I was wondering that too?

Andromeda
10-24-2006, 03:38 AM
He's moving to USA and I think he said that he wouldn't be posting after that but I can't be certain.

dreamlynx
10-24-2006, 10:07 AM
I got in touch with him today on MSN and he said he had been banned.
Why was that? Anyone know. He didn't say too much as said he was busy and no time to talk.

dreamlynx
10-27-2006, 01:05 AM
Would a mod or admin care to comment here as I am now interested in the reason he was banned.
He seemed pretty knowledgeable and really an asset to this site.

chriskq
10-27-2006, 06:55 AM
HEY CI, have u copped much shit about ur NZ accent in the U S of A.....

domedia
10-27-2006, 12:41 PM
Yes he was banned, and it wasn't pretty.
I'm not going to bring this into the public forum though.

dreamlynx
10-27-2006, 05:58 PM
Does he know why he was banned?
Why not in public as this seems to affect everyone here as he did help rather a lot of people.

domedia
10-27-2006, 06:13 PM
Why not in public Because it was a personal communication between CI and I, and I choose to be professional about it and keep it that way. This is not the place for a soap opera.

dreamlynx
10-28-2006, 07:41 AM
Yeah ok, fair enough.
But I was talking to Ci again today on MSN and he said he doesn't know why he was banned. Maybe send him an email or something and at least let him know if it is as professional as you say.
But I do respect your wishes to keep it private.

davidj
10-28-2006, 10:42 AM
ahhh now i know where i stand

if i go missing for a week nobody asks about me!!!

thats ok coz you are all going on the list... when i take over the world and round you up you will be crying ...please please dont release the tigers!

then i will say.. HAHAHA HA HA .. etc

edbr
10-30-2006, 01:20 AM
Judging by the number of views this post has had this iis of interest to many and the site will be poorer without CI.

DOM it is still within the bounds of professionalism to tell other members if the reason for the ban is personal or profesional , just saying nothing is odd, I dont mean quoting details of course of a personal matter.
DJ? iremember that name from somewhere!!

dreamlynx
10-30-2006, 08:39 AM
Maybe there is no reason as Ci told me on MSN that he doesn't know why.
Just that one day he logged in and fine, the next day a PM from domedia and nothing about banning mentioned in it, and the next day he could not log in.
I know he is pretty pissed that his videos are still being used.

davidj
10-30-2006, 08:56 AM
without getting into this as i know nothing about it but...

If i was to write a tut and ask Ove to publish it on here then i would not expect it back. Its a donation. No matter what has occured.

Ove made a mistake. He should of made it clear to all who write stuff, donate it. This should have been in the form of a contract.

Ove. Just for peace and quiet... Return the VTM's and then this will be over.

domedia
10-30-2006, 02:23 PM
CI and I disagreed about a professional dreamweaverclub.com matter which couldn't be resolved. I was very open and understanding and looked for ways where we could resolve this, but was unable to come up with a satisfactory solution. I decided that I would not tolerate the level of abuse this escalated into and had no other option than to let CI go. I'm sure he will be missed and many of you will agree. But our difference got in the way of this website and after all this website is for all you guys. I try my best to offer the best service I can for free, and I've done so the last 7 years paying out of own pocket, and all I can ask for is your understanding.

The VTM's were given on several occasions, all posts and tutorials are, and everyone benefits from those who has sacrificed their time. I'll leave the decision wether to keep or remove the VTM's to you the members and will respect and honor your decision.

davidj
10-30-2006, 04:42 PM
in my opinion the VTM's were donated as additional help and therefore belong to the site however if they need to be removed in order to put this to bed then even though i think they belong to the site and to the members then i say remove them.

in previous posts i mentioned gun-to-head senario and you cant hold the members to randsom with the threat of taking away tutorials if a difference of opinion occurs.

personaly i would never have accepted those tutorials after the first threat was made. (its happened more than once!)

I agree with Ove and leave the choice upto you guys.. So whats it to be?

dreamlynx
10-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Personally I think it is not ethical to keep benefiting from something a member has made that has been banned.
I had another long talk to Ci last night, he said that all he can remember is that Domedia got mad about the use of the word hitler, but is that a reason to ban a person, because you do not like a choice of word that is used?
Ci said that he just said to get over it, and that was all. Next day he could not log in.
He said he has also started his own site about Dreamweaver.

domedia
10-30-2006, 06:02 PM
dream: No, that is not a good enough reason, I think we all can agree. But that was not the reason here either. I asked you earlier to respect my choice of not quoting my personal correspondance in public, even though if I did, I'm sure you would be suprised. That is true for anyone emailing or PM'ing me, I will not use it against you publically online. Unfortunately, you sometimes come to a point, like I mentioned earlier, where you just have to split ways, no matter how flexible you try to be :-/ It's unfortunate but true. I'm sure he'll get over it and I think I can speak for all when I wish him good luck with his work and websites.

I got dj and dreamlynx for dropping the VTM's, I just need a couple more feelers before I do something. Anyone?

davidj
10-30-2006, 06:03 PM
ok
Personally I think it is not ethical to keep benefiting from something a member has made that has been banned.

so if i was to upset someone and end up being banned then would it be fair to ask Ove to delete all my posts which have helped people????

and if you call someone a fanatical dictator even in the heat of the moment then you must relise that this could offend, especially if that person has religous links to that time. (i dont know where Ove sits on the religous fence but i can understand it could be extremly offensive to some people) cartoon and muslims springs to mind recently in the news

edbr
10-31-2006, 02:45 AM
I think that all the posts and vtms are made on this forum with the aim to help those of us less experienced. time and help is given freely and with good intentions.
Perhaps a cooling off period beforer acting? however if CI would like them off after that, it think it should be his decision, even if it would be a shame for whoever could benifit from them in the future

davidj
10-31-2006, 07:25 AM
i agree

let CI make the call

who ever is in touch with CI please ask him if he wants the VTM's removed
If he does then we will honour and respect his wishes

Andromeda
10-31-2006, 07:47 AM
ditto dj

domedia
10-31-2006, 02:07 PM
ok, I think this issue has been resolved then, the VTM's has been removed. I appreciate all the feedback.