PDA

View Full Version : Can't have two Nav Bars in one page

Ricky55
10-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Hi

I can't have two nav bars in one page so how can I have two menu systems that have buttons that have a down states as well as over states.

You can see my page here:-

http://www.jaybe.co.uk/test_stockist.html

Where the images are missing is where I need my nav bar or alternative

Thanks

Ricky55

Ricky55
10-18-2006, 03:09 PM
i know the link is broken but you won't need to see this to answer

domedia
10-18-2006, 03:50 PM
I can't have two nav bars in one page Yes you can, what's currently stopping you ?(where do you get stuck?)

Ricky55
10-18-2006, 10:14 PM
when i try to insert a second nav bar a message appears saying "each page can only have one nav bar and this page has one, would you like to modify the existing one"

To get around this I tried creating a separate nav bar in a new page which worked and I managed to get it copied into the original page OK.

The only problem being that the second or new nav bar interefered with the original one in that only one button across both nav bars (menus) could be down at any one time.

I've read someone there that this can be achieved by giving them unqiue names with the DIV tag.

Could anyone just exlpain this to me or a different solution. At the moment I'm having to just have the second menu have roll over buttons with no down state which isn't really what I want.

I would also like to know what the DIV tag is and what it is used for.

I've used dreamweaver and flash for a while now but I still can't write much HTML at all.

I would really appreciate some help on this one.

Thanks

Ricky55

Ricky55
10-18-2006, 10:16 PM
btw to create the nav bars I am just pressing the nav bar icon on the common tool bar.

Thanks

Ricky55