PDA

View Full Version : new home builders rant

davidj
10-14-2006, 11:34 AM
i have moved into my new appartment and was pleased to be informed that sky+ had been installed through a comunial dish. I was told about this by the site foreman when i performed the initial inspection of the property.

This news was great as i am buying a whopping 42 inches of LCD (HD) TV sexyness (with a view of upgrading to sky HD after christmas)

i phoned sky and ordered an engineer to pop out and set me up with a sky + box at a cost of 160

the engineer arrived 3 weeks later... and looked at the install output terminal on my wall and said "Thats not sky+ its normal sky"

i phoned the builder who informed me that not only am i do not have sky + but i am not permitted to install my own dish and they are not obliged to perform any upgrade

also..

i have found that the control unit which has been installed is an 8 feed box which is only feeding 6 appartments leaving 2 spare so all that needs to be done is for me to use one of the spare feeds, giving me two feeds for sky + but have been told that this wont happen encase the other residents complain that they too want sky+ and then the dish would have to be upgraded at the builders cost.

also..

it turns out that the builder made a mistake during the early stages of development and authorised 6 appartments across the road to have sky+ so those residents installed their own dish in order to receive this advanced sky signal..

to sum up

i am not allowed to install a satallite dish on my building.

The builder will not cover the cost for a Dish upgrade.

the building across the road has Sky + because the builder gave them permission in error.

This has got to be discrimination

the fraking buckstards

anyone with legal connections please advise

chriskq
10-14-2006, 02:15 PM
thats really unlucky dj... i love my tv too, and i have no fox and have to put up with all of 4 measly aussie channels. hope you can get somewhere, sorry cant help you on that one

edbr
10-16-2006, 02:48 AM
Builders are the SALT of the earth. They should all be in 'CELLARS'.