PDA

View Full Version : form script

daveball
10-11-2006, 06:51 PM
wondering if any 1 can help me out with a form script, I have the form filled out and validated, just not to sure what my next step is.
All I wanna do is direct the submit buttin to my email address, many thanks all

davidj
10-12-2006, 07:36 AM
what scripting language are you using??

daveball
10-12-2006, 12:31 PM
I havent desciced what script lanuage to use yet.
As I am new to dreamweaver I am looking for any advise you can give me , many thanks

davidj
10-12-2006, 12:44 PM
if you are just starting out then you cant go wrong with PHP
(err... sorry... you will go wrong but thats what we are here for!!)

first you need to get WAMP installed on your local machine for testing and learning purposes

this is cheap technology but very powerful. Infact if PHP had a fight with spiderman then im afraid spiderman will die horribly

it would even beat the HULK!

anyhoo.. on with the task...

PHP can handle email off the bat and there is a great little tut on here that shows you how once you get that WAMP installed

WAMP = Windows, Apache, Mysql, PHP

there are some installers knocking about that will chuck all this onto your harddrive with a couple of clicks but i am unfamiliar so its open to anyone with a good sugestion ???

if you Google install WAMP then you could get lucky and find a good one. I found http://www.wampserver.com/en/ but if it goes tits up its nowt to do with me

once you have this installed...

a) come back here and we will get you mailing
b) you will wonder what the fuss is about
c) after an hour of tinkering you will know what all the fuss was about and wonder why you havnt used it before.

daveball
10-12-2006, 01:02 PM
Thanks for your help unforunatley I am off to work for a few hours but i will downlodad and follow ur instructions to the T, thanks for youer paience,cheers

daveball
10-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Hi again its dave from the dreamweaverclub about the emailing problem
I was having , hope you dont mind me emailingyou here.
I have installed wamp and it is now on my PC , what would be my next
step in getting it to work for me, many thanks for your help again,
appreciate , not many would bother, and by the way I think the Hulk
would win. cheers

davidj
10-13-2006, 07:42 AM
ok

if you key http://localhost into your browser you should see a test page or some thing to indicate that PHP is up and running

what you can do is create a blank page in dreamweaver and remove all code (everything including HTML)

then type...

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

this should return lots of info about PHP and you have the correct directory for your pages