PDA

View Full Version : submit button

daveball
10-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Hi I have a new webdesign site www.irishwebcreations.com which is not finished yet.
On my contact page I have a submit button that I am not quite sure what to do with, do I need the cgi script from the hosting company and also how will I get the submit button to direct to my email, newbie at the very early stages and it is my 1s site to do any feedback and answers would be greatly appreciated, many thanks all

domedia
10-09-2006, 07:13 PM
The submit button only submits the form to the script set in your action attribute in your form tag (<form action="")

If your host provides PHP support, you can look the PHP tutorial http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/dreamweaver-php-form.php

If you don't have PHP access, you can talk to your host what options you have. CGI is pretty common.

daveball
10-09-2006, 09:25 PM
I have had a look at the php tutorial which seem pretty complex for what it is really.
Is cgi an easier choice.
also wondering if you had a minute to look at this ite www.irishwebcreations.com and wondered what u thought of it, thanks

chriskq
10-10-2006, 02:13 AM
look at this ite www.irishwebcreations.com and wondered what u thought of it, thanks

Use of image maps (very shonky), every possible item in

tags (even swf's ??), empty p tags to create margins, no meta description tags, No alt and title tags on images and links, alignment of elements (borders on homepage) and document not validated.

theres some negative issues to get you started. :?

Andromeda
10-10-2006, 03:59 AM
Hi daveball. My comments are from a design point of view, I'll leave the code to those who know more about that sort of thing!

You may want to take a look at the third box. It's a bit taller than the other two and doesn't really create an impression of professionalism especially since it almost touches the contact us link at the bottom.

When I view the page in 800 x 600 resolution there's a horizontal scroll bar which is a real put off for the viewer. 1024 x 768 resolution also has the scroll bar but only just so you may ??? get away with it in that resolution but certainly not the lower one (not as a professional web designer anyway).

The navigation works ok and I found the homepage to be well spaced out (apart from that third box and the contact us link) and easy to read.

On the Contact Us page I felt that the words "name" "email" etc were too close to the left hand menu as was the heading "contact us" with the top graphic.

Hope the above helps.