PDA

View Full Version : Online Restaurant order form?

blanchard
10-05-2006, 08:35 AM
What would be the most easiest way of incorporating an online Restaurant booking form?

regards blanchard :D

edbr
10-05-2006, 10:02 AM
what do you need?
Would it need to automaticakllt tell the customer if there is a table available?

blanchard
10-05-2006, 10:40 AM
Date
Time
Availability

yes regards
Blanchard

edbr
10-07-2006, 04:48 AM
Might be worth looking at mambo or Joomla for modules It would be easier for restaurant owners to maintain.
i know there are some online reservsation mods but dont have a clue if apprpriate

davidj
10-10-2006, 09:01 AM
totally disagree

joomla is overkill for what you want

what you could have is an online reservations system which fires off an email and then allows for an email responder as confirmation

this is dodgy territory as its easier to phone up and book then you know your not going to be disapointed. If i was to book a seat at a restaraunt through the internet i would still like to call before i left the house just incase that email never got to its destination.

its a nice-to-have but in the terms of value it carries little weight to the site.

chriskq
10-10-2006, 01:44 PM
i think dj makes a good point. Althou i actually booked a table at a lebanese resturant via the websites contact form. I received a generated reply with my time and date (put in automatically im sure) the next day.
Althou they still called me on the day to confirm which was nice...

so i think it depends how big your thinking... why not do a ajax driven database combined with ruby on rails and some sms telco and WOOT.... lol sorry j/k

would the amount of email reservations really be too much to handle for a person to call ppl bak. a simple php sql db cud b done and you could set daily reminders some how.

blanchard
10-10-2006, 09:07 PM
I have given up on the idea of an online booking form maybe just a availability schedule. I too would telephone to book maybe I would prefer to browse the website to see if any tables where availabe though.