PDA

View Full Version : decided to add a fixed width ey?

chriskq
10-04-2006, 07:19 AM
So just wondering why no one has mentioned how the site width (resolution) has changed.... i liked the full width before as it ultilises my 1900px wide resolution...

anyone else's thoughts?

Andromeda
10-04-2006, 06:55 PM
Yes I had noticed it but didn't think to mention it . My thoughts are the same as yours, I liked it when it filled the whole width (mine is 1280 - I think you're greedy having 1900 :lol: ) - I'm just jealous that's all!!

Creative Insanity
10-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Well I have voiced my opinion on this matter and all I can say is that I made this skin for 100% end of story.

domedia
10-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Already have new skin developed so it shouldn't be much of an issue. The green is about to go..

Creative Insanity
10-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Personally I really think that a question should of been asked first if the members wanted a fixed width. It is not really for one person to deceide what happens to a forum as a forum is many people and way differant from a standard website. Taking the hitler approach on a forum wether you own the space or not is really not the way to make members happy.
As we can see by the responces so far, everyone likes 100%.

Andromeda
10-05-2006, 04:15 AM
Not the green! Noooooo! Pleeeease don't get rid of the green!! :lol:

The trouble with asking lots of people is that you run the risk of getting conflicting opinions and then what do you do?

Personally I think an autumn (oranges, browns, yellows) would be nice or maybe a turquoisey theme or a gold and blue theme or maybe....

Oh yes, and keep the width 100%! :roll:

Creative Insanity
10-05-2006, 09:04 AM
The trouble with asking lots of people is that you run the risk of getting conflicting opinions and then what do you do?
Disagree.. you go by the majority. I have done it this way on forums I have run and do run now for many years and it works.
But just to go ahead and inflict your own personal taste on a community is wrong in my books.

domedia
10-05-2006, 07:36 PM
easy now guys..
There's going to be some changes in the site and forums in times to come. Some might stay and some might go. Rest assured that any change we land on is with the intention of benefiting the community and users. Unfortunatly I can not run 'polls' for every change we make, Andromeda already touched upon why that might be a problem. I do appreciate all feedback though, like in this thread, which gives me great feedback on what you guys think. I does not go unoticed :)

chriskq
10-06-2006, 01:09 AM
lol... when hitler was mention it just reminded about a skit in family guy. Gotta check it out
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oktk0fN0cZI

oh yea - bring back on 100% width...

and how about a skin making contest - i'd be up for that..

(you have to pack up a site template with css and images so we know how big the images are etc when re-skinning)

any thoughts Dom?

domedia
10-07-2006, 12:19 AM
and how about a skin making contest - i'd be up for that..

(you have to pack up a site template with css and images so we know how big the images are etc when re-skinning)

any thoughts Dom?

A little too late for that, I'm afraid :-( I think if we look at our pasts contests, we need to grow some more before we can get a good amount of participants. I'm not concerned about quality, but quantity and the pool of participants we can get. I had already been in contact with one person for this update, and you're seeing it slowly sneaking in now ;)

Andromeda
10-07-2006, 12:45 AM
I had already been in contact with one person for this update, and you're seeing it slowly sneaking in now ;)

I'm not sure that "sneaking" is the correct word. More like "bounding" I reckon. :D . The blue could be a nice change.