PDA

View Full Version : CSS like photshop and layers??

kona72
10-03-2006, 01:54 AM
So I am trying to wrap my head around this whole css deal and I am thinkning this.
CSS... is it similar to layers in photoshop??? If an ol' dog like CI can learn it then there is hope for us all!! :D :D :D :D :D

Creative Insanity
10-03-2006, 02:04 AM
What is this old dog shit huh LOL

Look here and learn young wipper snapper. (http://kenmight.com/)
Click on video training. There is a series on CSS there. watch all 4, including the intro.

kona72
10-03-2006, 02:07 AM
Thanks... I mean THANKS... that should be loud enough for you to hear
:D :D LOL
I appreciate the link... gonna watch it right now.....
I checked out your site that you did with CSS..... Impressive... looks GREAT!! How are CSS layouts and DB queries and functionality????

:D :D

domedia
10-03-2006, 02:09 AM
If an ol' dog like CI can learn it then there is hope for us all!! Remember CI is pretty smart guy that's been around in this game for some time ;)

To put it simply, HTML is just labeling information. You have a BODY tag for the content of you website. In there you have different header tags for headlines, P tags for paragraphs, ADDRESS tag for contact info, EM to emphasize words, UL for lists etc. HTML gives your information *semantical* meaning. It provides information about what kind of data you have on your website, not what it should look like.

CSS is used to makes this all look pretty. You put colors on stuff. It takes care of your layout and decides how the browser, or other device, is going to show your information.

*Not* to confuse with Photoshop layers at all (it's something completely utterly different), you can actually talk about your website in 3 layers. HTML, CSS and JS. Javascript would take care of any dynamic way you want to manipulate your page (both CSS and HTML).

One easy way of getting a feel fot his is to go to http://www.w3c.org/ and validate your webpage. It wil tell you when you inappropiately use HTML for styling, so you get a better feel for the seperation of structure (HTML) and presentation (CSS).

kona72
10-03-2006, 02:23 AM
kona72 wrote:
If an ol' dog like CI can learn it then there is hope for us all!!

domedia wrote:
Remember CI is pretty smart guy that's been around in this game for some time Wink

Damn I wish there was a sarcasm/just having fun tag...... :D

I know CI has been around a long time and i respect that fact. Just having some fun... as we all should be.....

As for the Photoshop comment.... I was just using it like an analogy.... king of like layer one is background and the likes..... I'm just watching CI's kick BUTT VTM's right now.... hopefully it will give me the understanding i need...

Thanks guys!!!!

Creative Insanity
10-03-2006, 03:31 AM
watch them all.. there is about 5 or 6 on there about CSS.
So stop ya yakkie ya little wipper snapper and start learning..

Oh and will we see a fully working css/div dynamic site tonight then? since that kenmight one only took this ol' guy 2 hours including graphics LOL.

bet that shuts ya up LOL

kona72
10-03-2006, 03:38 AM
Ha Ha Ha..... maybe not tonite.... but soon... I'll send you the link when it's done!! :D
I am halfway throught the single column VTM right now..... bloody brilliant......

Nice Work!!

Creative Insanity
10-03-2006, 07:13 AM
Cause it is nice work.. I done it LOL.

Now to really show you the pace of this old bugger.. I done those VTMs 4 days after I started learning CSS. The last one was after 1 week.

na na na na LOL.