PDA

View Full Version : forcing list items to new lines

jonsaul
10-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Hi all,

not really sure how to word this, if you check http://www.ezinemarketing.eu ,on the index page I have an unordered list, I would like to be able to make the list items goto a new line rather than be split between two lines, so that none of the borders are broken etc.

Is this something it will do ??

Hope I explained that well enough.

Thanx for any ideas.

domedia
10-02-2006, 02:35 PM
You've set the list to display this way by setting display: inline on ytour LI's. Removing this line in your CSS file would make each item appear on seperate lines.

jonsaul
10-02-2006, 02:49 PM
Hi domedia,

Thanks for the reply,

I don't think I explianed very well, sorry.

Because some of the text in the list items is longer than others I was wondering if it is possible to have them occupy the same line aslong as the whole list item fits on the line, but if a list item needs to wrap down to the next line I would like it to begin on a new line. so if there are four list items on the top line but the fourth one wraps onto the next line down due to its size I would like it to begin the whole list item on the next line.

I was originally trying to use the list with no bg or borders but with list bullets beetween each item instead, though I couldnt get the list bullets to appear when using display:inline;

I would like to keep the items inline if I can to save space.

does this make more sense ??

cheers mate

Creative Insanity
10-02-2006, 06:45 PM
or change your display method to block... same result.

domedia
10-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Because some of the text in the list items is longer than others I was wondering if it is possible to have them occupy the same line aslong as the whole list item fits on the line, but if a list item needs to wrap down to the next line I would like it to begin on a new line. so if there are four list items on the top line but the fourth one wraps onto the next line down due to its size I would like it to begin the whole list item on the next line. I was convinced that's how you had it working in the first place... I'm confused now.. Want to make some screenshots and images to explain so I fully understand? :-)