PDA

View Full Version : Imageswap Photoshop

fodder
09-30-2006, 04:05 PM
i know in fireworks you used to be able to use slices and then duplicating a layer to create buttons/areas that changes when move over them.

[one would duplicate the layer and then make changes to the layer and then insert a layer and swap image between the two layers]

I am wondering whether it is possible to do the same in photoshop?

I hope the question is understandable...

domedia
09-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Check out ImageReady, I think it got all you need and it's part of PS.

Creative Insanity
09-30-2006, 10:21 PM
Yeah PS does that. Make your default button then create a new layer for the over state and then create a slice of the entire button. Now click at the bottom of the toolbar to open and take the image to IM.
Once you are in IM you can create your default and over states.
Once you save optimised it will save the code for you also.. or you can just click the view button on the IM toolbar to see it in action in your default browser and it also gives the html at the base of the preview.

Jittor
10-02-2006, 05:52 PM
You know I have never used Image Ready to make a rollover button, just animated gifs. I usually just create the 2 states and then save both for the web and then use DW's rollover icon or hard code it and use the 2 files I saved.

Which way would you say is better or easier. Is there more of a benifit to one or the other? I didn't think it worked like flash - You can't create a rollover state that fades up or flashes can you or does an animation upon rollover... can you?

Creative Insanity
10-02-2006, 06:41 PM
Yes you can.. you can make your roll over a seperate ani image.

But I recon the best way now is with 2 images and css.
Oh how times change LOL.

domedia
10-02-2006, 07:00 PM
Create 2 images, one static gif, and one animated, change img on mouseover.

In Imageready have 2 layers, then have Imageready create 10 frames between them, thus making a smooth animation.

Creative Insanity
10-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Also jitter.. remember that IM has a tween option as well, real cool that ;)

Jittor
10-03-2006, 05:28 AM
Looks like I need to start working with IM a little more. I can do most things in Photoshop or Flash so I tend to forget about programs like IM - That's probably not a good habit.

Hi, My name is Jittor and I am a Photoshop addict. :oops: