PDA

View Full Version : unordered list in css

Andromeda
09-28-2006, 06:08 AM
I'm wanting to make a list where the bullets are images. It's not working. Could some one please take a look at my code to see where I am going wrong.

html:
<ul>

<h5>Initial One-to-one sessions with top level management/ senior management/ team leaders - $295.00 </h5>

<h5>Subsequent sessions with top level management/ senior management/ team leaders - Discounted rate </h5>

<h5>Team Sessions, per person - $200.00</h5>

[/list]

css:
H5 {font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color:#555555; font-weight:normal; list-style-image: url(images/arrow001.gif); }

Thank you! :?

domedia
09-28-2006, 02:08 PM
Remove the H5 tag from the list alltogether and apply the style to the LI. Headers does not naturally belong in a list, and list-style-type can only be applied to list elements (LI's)

<ul>
Initial One-to-one sessions with top level management/ senior management/ team leaders - $295.00
Subsequent sessions with top level management/ senior management/ team leaders - Discounted rate
Team Sessions, per person - $200.00
[/list]

li {font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color:#555555; font-weight:normal; list-style-image: url(images/arrow001.gif); }

Andromeda
09-29-2006, 09:27 AM
Domedia, thank you (again). That worked great.

The site you referred me to in the previous topic has proved very helpful.

Maybe instead of reading Terry Pratchet when I go to bed I should read a css tutorial!!!

domedia
09-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Maybe instead of reading Terry Pratchet when I go to bed I should read a css tutorial!!! Hey you know they say laughing makes you live longer, Terry Pratchett is hilarious :-D