PDA

View Full Version : Please Read Moderators or experienced!

Kidrockz69
09-27-2006, 03:01 AM
What I need is a survey form. Just not sure what all is needed to make it work. What I want is for people to take the survey. hit the submit button and A) show the results of everyone that took the survey and B) save the results in Database i guess. Example. Do you like Red? Yes [] No [] Submit button. next page shows that 12 people said Yes and 21 said No. Plus the results keep talleying up in a (file, database, not sure here).

I have made form's and used PHP before in DW 8, so i know how to do that. I just need to know what is needed to get this to work. Any Help would be appretiated. I am trying to get this done by Saturday so that people can use this form on sunday.

Kidrockz69

you may IM me at yahoo

davidj
09-27-2006, 08:27 AM
this is not that difficult

just use check box's and assign a numeric (1) as the value

you will have to read the db first to get an initial value then just add the checkbox value to the db value before the update

Kidrockz69
09-27-2006, 02:22 PM
So create a form and use either check boxes or bullets? add a value of 1 to the field. and db?? database. Never have created one of these for a website.

Kidrockz69
09-27-2006, 03:15 PM
Is this a Poll form? survey form? Form with results showing?? etc...
I want to learn more about all this stuff So i can return the help i have been given.

Kid

davidj
09-27-2006, 03:22 PM
you can use any form element (check box allows multi ticks where radio buttons allow 1 out of many selected
/////////////////////

first write a SQL select statement to query and return values from table field

retain the value in a var then add the check/radio value to the SQL var before the update. This will increment the value

from the db value you can then work out the percentage and produce graphics to give a bar-chart-y feel

Kidrockz69
09-27-2006, 10:47 PM
Okay I will get started on it. somethings you said were not understood, but i will work through it. is there any tut's on doing this? And what is this type of form called?

Thanks for all your help.

davidj
09-28-2006, 08:40 AM
I have made form's and used PHP before in DW 8, so i know how to do that.

somethings you said were not understood, but i will work through it - what is this type of form called?

err those quotes are a contradiction